Public Relations and Information Centre (PRIC) works on aspects of Stakeholder Involvement, which is one of the 19 infrastructure issues.
The Centre’s overall mandate is to prosecute the public relations and general communication activities of the institute. Among other things, the centre seeks to undertake the following:
- Identify all critical public and to plan and execute the appropriate communication campaigns;
- Maintain and update information on the organisation’s website;
- Analyse media coverage and fashion the best media relations in order to maximize press agentry;
- Deal with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations;
- Speak at public interviews, press conferences and presentations;
- Produce press releases, speeches, articles, reports, newsletters etc
- Maintaining and updating information on the organisation’s website;
- Manage the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.